Experts in the outdoors since 1999We all work and play in the outdoors on events, expeditions, rescues or purely for fun! We understand your needs.
Ask us anything!Use our chat feature to ask us questions just as you would if you were in store!
Free ROI Delivery When You Spend Over €50Free EU Delivery over €150 . Some exclusions, t&cs apply.
Hassle Free ReturnsReturns are a pain. We'll do our best to make the process as easy and straightforward as possible. See our policy below.
Petzl Fly Harness
Ultra-lightweight, technical mountaineering/ski harness, dons with feet on the ground. Modular with removable foam to further reduce weight.
Petzl Fly Mountaineering Harness
Designed for mountaineers and ski mountaineers, the FLY harness is Petzl’s most lightweight harness, and can be donned with both feet on the ground- no need to remove crampons or risk losing balance on technical terrain. Ultra-lightweight and compact, thanks to innovative construction without a buckle and with comfort options, it weighs only 130 g (size M). The comfort foam is removable, minimizing weight to only 100 g. The multiple gear loops and the ice-screw retainers can transport all the equipment required on technical outings. Ideal as an emergency harness for rescue personal to leave at the bottom of your pack.
Important sizing note: we advise you go up a size from your regular size.
Petzl Lightweight Mountaineering Harness
- Extremely lightweight, for mountaineers and the most demanding skiers:
- designed for technical mountaineering and ski mountaineering
- can be donned with both feet on the ground, while wearing skis or crampons
- only 100 g (size M) with comfort foam removed, and 130 g with foam. The extremely lightweight and the body-hugging fit offer complete freedom to move without worrying about the harness
- innovative buckle-free construction (Petzl patent). A sliding toggle lock replaces the metal buckle for quick and easy waistbelt adjustment. The leg loops are adjusted with a girth hitch
- slim design
- minimalist pouch allows the harness to be compressed to reduce bulk in the pack
- Comfort options:
- FUSEFRAME technology with removable foam, for adapting the comfort level of the harness to the activity. The comfort foam on the leg loops and waist belt can be easily removed, making the harness even lighter
- comfort foam optimally distributes the load, making suspensions more comfortable
- Technical and durable:
- two gear loops and four additional loops for organization and transport of the equipment required for technical outings
- retainer with silicone interior on each leg loop, for carrying an ice screw
- attachment points, webbing, and gear loops reinforced with high-modulus polyethylene (HMPE), for greater resistance to abrasion and rubbing
- Material(s): high-modulus polyethylene, polyester, nylon
- Certification(s): CE EN 12277 type C, UIAA
- The harness comes in a protective carry bag
- Also comes with a minimalist pouch for stowing the harness when used without foam
Petzl Fly Mountaineering Harness SKUs
|Waist belt||66-76 cm||76-86 cm||86-96 cm|
|Leg loops||50-56 cm||52-58 cm||54-60 cm|
|Weight without foam: 90 g||Weight without foam: 100 g||Weight without foam: 110 g|
|Weight with foam: 120 g||Weight with foam: 130 g||Weight with foam: 140 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years||3 years|
|Inner pack count||1||1||1|
Declaration Of Conformity
PPE inspection procedure
PPE inspection procedure
Tips for maintaining your equipment