Experts in the outdoors since 1999We all work and play in the outdoors on events, expeditions, rescues or purely for fun! We understand your needs.
Ask us anything!Use our chat feature to ask us questions just as you would if you were in store!
Free Irish and UK Delivery over €50/£50*Free EU Delivery over €100 . Some exclusions, t&cs apply. Full shipping policy below.
Hassle Free ReturnsReturns are a pain. We'll do our best to make the process as easy and straightforward as possible. See our policy below.
A lightweight, hybrid ice axe for general mountaineering including alpine and glacier use. Its ergonomic shape makes it especially comfortable to carry in the hand when used for support on ascents and descents. Available in 53cm and 65cm shaft lengths.
Its strong, aggressive steel blade gives improved penetration in steep Scottish or alpine couloirs or for glacier work. With a sharpened adze for effective cutting steps and chopping ledges and straight shaft for smooth plunging and secure belay construction.
At a glance:
- Extremely comfortable to carry in the hand thanks to ergonomically shaped head
- Aggressive 3 mm blade designed for reliable penetration in ice and snow
- Good anchoring due to weight concentrated in precision-cast steel head
- Straight shaft for good snow penetration and reliable belay construction (deadman)
- Sharp (replaceable) carbide tip at bottom for better grip when moving on hard snow or ice
- Sharpened adze for effective cutting steps and chopping ledges
- Compatible with SALEWA self-locking handrest and handloop
- Holes for clipping carabiner at head and bottom of shaft base
- Anodised and hardened high-tech aluminium 7075, T6 shaft
- Spare part /accessories available to order: pick guard, replacement tip, handrest, leash.
- Weight: 350g (53cm) 375g (65cm)
- Materials: Carbon steel head, 7075 aluminium shaft, carbide spike
- Certifications: CE EN 13089, B and UIAA 152