Petzl I'D EVAC 10-11.5mm
Petzl I'd EVAC: Self-braking descender with anti-panic function designed for lowering loads from an anchor. Work at height, rescue and rope access.
I’D EVAC is a self-braking descender primarily designed for lowering from an anchor. The ergonomic handle is specifically oriented for managing a load from the anchor and offers comfortable descent control. The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk of an accident due to user error. The AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be automatically locked without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the anchor. I’D EVAC is compatible with 10 to 11.5 mm ropes and allows handling of loads up to 250 kg.
The Petzl I'D EVAC works ideally when connected to an anchor in a vertical format, the unit defers from the I'D S in that the handle orientation is different thus making it easy to operate in the vertical position. The included auxiliary brake aids braking and increases rope handling efficiencies.
Petzl I'D EVAC 10-11.5mm: Description
- Designed for lowering from an anchor
- Easy to use:
- safety gate on the moving side plate allows the rope to be installed easily while the device remains connected to the anchor
- easy rope installation, thanks to the rope guide and markings
- anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope
- ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released and enables comfortable control of the descent. Two possible descent modes: on the side plate or in the V-shaped friction channel. The handle is specifically oriented for managing a load from the anchor
- anti-panic function automatically stops the descent if the user pulls too hard on the handle.
The AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be automatically locked without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. The automatic return system on the handle limits the risk of the device getting accidentally snagged
- handle automatically switches to storage position when the rope is removed from the device, reducing the risk of accidental snagging when the descender is carried on the harness
- once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle, allowing the user to make a reversible haul system
- the moving side-plate can be locked shut with a screw, allowing the I’D EVAC to be integrated into evacuation kits
- open auxiliary brake allows the user to increase the friction in accordance with the weight of the load and the rope diameter, and to install or release a rope at any time
- The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone
- Descending a heavy load up to 250 kg
- Rope compatibility: 10 to 11.5 mm diameter
Petzl I'D EVAC 10-11.5mm: Specifications
- Material(s): aluminium, steel, nylon
- Weight: 615 g
- Maximum working load for one person: 150 kg (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)
- Maximum working load for two persons (rescue): 250 kg (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)
- Certification(s): EN 341 type 2 class A, CE EN 12841 type C, ANSI Z359.4, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC - EN 341 type 2 class A when used with a PARALLEL 10.5 mm or AXIS 11 mm rope - EN 12841 type C when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm EN 1891 A rope - ANSI Z359.4 when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm rope - NFPA 1983 Technical Use when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm rope
- 3-year Guarantee
Petzl I'D EVAC 10-11.5mm: Additional Downloads
Did you know that adventure.ie provides a wide range of rescue and work-at-height training? We can custom design training to suit your needs.
Petzl I'D EVAC 10-11.5mm