We’re kicking off our annual Wild Camping & Tent event with a bang! Every evening of the bank holiday weekend we have quest speakers join us for a series of informal, informative and infinitely interesting talks on all things mountain!
Join our Free Talks This May Bank Holiday Weekend
We’re kicking off our annual Wild Camping & Tent event with a bang! Every evening of the bank holiday weekend we have guest speakers join us for a series of informal, informative and infinitely interesting talks on all things mountain!
At adventure.ie we have been busy building a community amonst other outdoor providers and professionals, we’re delighted to bring their skills and knowledge to your screen this weekend. All speakers are professional outdoor instructors with many years of experience in the mountains.
All talks are free and open to our Adventure Community members, to become a member all you need to do is join our newsletter. Sign up here.
Weekend schedule (subject to change)
- Friday Evening
- 7:30pm Tim Orr – Mountain Weather – An easy-to-understand and practical discussion how mountain weather.
- 8.30pm Ronan Mullen – Wild Camping In The Arctic Winter – taking it to extremes!
- Saturday Evening
- 7.30pm Bren Whelan – Wild Camping – ‘Taking a load off’ explores what is good practice when Wild Camping in the mountains, and it includes a discussion on tent, stove and food choices to help you figure out ‘how low can you go weight-wise when camping!
- 8.30pm Julie Reeves – How To Sh*t In The Mountains! – Following the principles of Leave No Trace Julie discusses how they can be applied practically to us while we enjoy the mountains.
- Sunday Evening
- 7.30pm Russell Mills – Intro To Navigation – from one of Ireland’s leading Mountain Skills providers.
- 8.30pm Cindy Doyle – What To Do When Things Go Wrong – an in-depth look from an experienced mountain rescuer.
- Monday Evening
- 7.00pm David Lawton – Birds Of Prey – David takes his experience as a Guide with the Wicklow Mountains National Park and opens our eyes to these amazing birds.
- 8.00pm Brian Bateson – Pathway To Becoming An ML – looking to change careers? Thinking of becoming a Mountain Leader? Maybe you’d like to better your navigation and hill skills. Brian has all the info you need.
- 9.00pm Ambrose Flynn – Wicklow Rock Climbing: Wicklow has some stunning climbing locations and no one knows them better than Ambrose. Venues/Access/Ethics.
Each afternoon over the weekend we will email you an invite to the Zoom for that evening. It’s a personal invite so if you want a friend to join ask them to sign up here.